Grace Church Waldorf (hereafter, GCW) is seeking a full-time Associate Pastor/Elder to support the ministry of GCW. The Associate will play an instrumental role supporting the rapidly expanding ministries of GCW by teaching, expository preaching of God’s Word, shepherding, developing, and implementing the strategic vision of the elders and church staff for the future growth of the church. His responsibilities will also include nurturing, counseling, and discipling.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a baptized, born-again disciple of Jesus Christ with a clear call to pastoral ministry
- Meet the spiritual, personal, and character qualifications of an Elder found in 1 Timothy 3:1–7 and Titus 1:6–9 and exhibit the fruit of the Spirit as found in Galatians 5:22
- Be a collaborative team player, willing and able to work in the context of an elder led congregation
- Be theologically aligned with GCW and the Charis Fellowship of Churches (charisfellowship.com), and be willing and able to pursue licensure or ordination with the Charis Fellowship
- Know and be willing to practice the Charis Fellowship distinctives of Triune Immersion and Threefold Communion
- Be equally enthusiastic about and committed to reaching the lost and discipling the found
- Have or pursuing an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business, finance, administration, Bible or theological education
ABOUT GRACE CHURCH
Originally planted in 1979, GCW has been a flagship church for the Charis Fellowship in the rapidly expanding metropolitan DMV area for over 40 years. The church attendance is about 200 in weekly worship. The church building, built in 1984 and renovated in 2018, sits on a 17 acre property. A primary ministry of the church is its pre-K-8th grade ACSI/MSA accredited school, Grace Christian Academy, with current enrollment of 225 students.
A competitive compensation package will be offered.
To Apply for this Position: https://assistcx.org/apply