Director of Children’s Ministry
25 hrs./week. Non-exempt.
The Director of Children’s Ministry is responsible to provide leadership, vision, oversight, and ensure the smooth and safe operation of the children’s ministry at Grace Church at Willow Valley. As the primary point of contact for new and existing families, the CM Director seeks to live out the mission of Grace Church: to see the lost saved and the saved transformed by the power of the gospel.
• The Children’s Ministry Director will report to the Assistant Pastor, under the oversight of the Lead Pastor.
• As part of the Church staff, the Children’s Ministry director will work in cooperation with other staff members and take part in weekly staff meetings.
• The Children’s Ministry Director will oversee all volunteer leaders serving in the children’s ministry.
• Leadership- In conjunction with the Children’s Ministry leadership team, set the vision for the children’s ministry and communicate it to young families with enthusiasm. Recruit and train volunteers to serve in various functions.
• Weekly Children’s Programs- Working with various ministry leaders, oversee and give guidance to the children’s programs on Sunday (Nursery, Sunday School & Kids Worship), and Wednesday evenings (Boys Brigade, GEMS, Tiny Sprouts). The CM Director is expected to teach on a regular basis.
• Additional Children’s Programs- Lead the team that oversees and executes Vacation Bible School, plan and execute various opportunities of fellowship and learning for children and families throughout the year.
• Administration & Safety- Using the church database program, maintain a system of tracking attendance, oversee the screening/background checks for all volunteers, ensure that safety policies are updated and implemented.
• Family Discipleship & Support- Provide resources for families to grow in discipleship and support families in times of need and transition.
• Fulfill any other tasks assigned by the Assistant Pastor, Lead Pastor, or Elder Team.
• A personal walk with Jesus Christ and a godly character and conduct that is in accordance with our handbook and statement of faith.
• A people-person, eager to cultivate friendships with parents and children.
• Organized, flexible, a proactive self-starter.
• Previous experience with children’s ministry is preferred.
Send resume to Adam Swift, firstname.lastname@example.org.