The Pastor of Student Ministries and Missions will lead and organize an effective youth ministry and oversee local outreach and partnerships with our missionaries. Youth ministry includes implementing fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, evangelism, ministry, and fun. The overall objective on the Student Ministries Pastor is to encourage and equip students to live Jesus centered lives and love others like He does. Local outreach includes planning and executing outreach events and coordinating partnerships with local ministries and community organizations. Partnership with our missionaries includes communication and coordination with missionaries and mission organizations as well as coordinating mission trips.
- Provide leadership to the overall student ministries program, including the accomplishment of all Grace Church goals and objectives.
- Model living a Jesus centered life and loving others like He does.
- Responsible for recruiting, onboarding, coaching, developing, evaluating, and giving feedback to Student Ministries volunteer staff.
- Planning and coordinating the Sunday PM fellowship time typically from 6pm to 7:15pm for 7-12 grade students.
- Planning and coordinating the Wednesday PM discipleship time from 6pm to 7pm for 5-6 grade students and 7-12 grade students.
- Plan and coordinate events, retreats, and mission trips to help students grow in their faith, share their faith, and connect with each other, the local community, and the world.
- Support families in effectively fulfilling their parenting roles in concert with other pastors and ministry leaders at Grace Church.
- Keep students, families, and the church family informed of student activities and ministry strategies and plans.
- Prepare, monitor, and control the annual student ministries and mission budget as approved by the elders. Manage student fees for events, activities, and retreats. Manage fund raising needed for ministry/mission trips.
- Plan and coordinate local outreach events.
- Coordinate local and community ministry with our local partners which currently include Christ Central Wagener and Aiken, Kairos Prison Ministry, Life Choices Pregnancy Center, Eagle Commission, Stand at the Crossroads Ministries, and Greendale Elementary School.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute short term mission trips for students and adults.
- Coordinate communication, encouragement, and support for our missionaries and mission partners.
- 14. Collaborate with the elders and staff of Grace Church in the creation of new ministries as needed to accomplish the vision and mission of the church.
- Maintain current information in Church Teams database for all student ministries students and volunteers and mission partners.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, one on one meetings with the Lead Pastor, and other meetings necessary to lead an effective Student Ministries Program and Missions Program.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience in ministry. Prefer a bachelor’s degree in ministry.
- Demonstrate gifts and calling to youth ministry, love young people, and have a passion for evangelism and outreach. Exhibit ability to teach and train youth into a deep personal faith in Jesus.
- Demonstrates a passion for a local church focused on reaching the local community and the world.
- Loves Jesus, submits to the truth of the Bible, lives with integrity, and strives for Jesus-centered living.
- Self-motivated leader, capable of casting and imparting vision for ministry, possessing relational skills with youth, parents, adults, and staff.
- This position requires strong communication skills as well as leadership, administrative, and organizational skills.
- Able to work as a team player, cooperating with the staff, elders, and members and attenders of Grace Church of Aiken.
- Able to act with minimal supervision and provide guidance to church leadership in all areas concerning youth and outreach.
- Commitment to the Statement of Faith of Grace Church of Aiken.
- Prioritize the needs and spiritual growth of the youth, their families, and the congregation of Grace Church.
Part Time Position:
20 to 32 hours a week (Job description and hours will be adjusted based on candidate’s availability, experiences, spiritual gifts, and skills).
$20,000 to $40,000 no benefits
To begin the application process sent a resume to Pastor Shannon Hollinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.