Hope Bible Church of Roanoke, Virginia, is seeking a new senior pastor. After 30+ years, the church’s long-time lead pastor will be retiring in 2023.
Characteristics of the Ideal Candidate
– Possess a God given passion for church renewal and community outreach.
– Prior, proven ministry experience.
– Bachelor’s Degree – Bible College or Seminary Training
– Willing to be ordained in the Charis Fellowship of Churches
– has received and accepted a calling from God for this unique ministry
– is committed to Jesus Christ and to the authority of Scripture
– is a man who believes in the power of prayer, has a strong personal prayer and devotional life
– displays the Fruit of the Spirit and relies upon the Holy Spirit for every aspect of his life and ministry
– pursues righteousness and a godly life
– be theologically aligned with the Charis Commitment to Common Identity
Life on Mission
– has a heartfelt burden for lost people and a desire to lead a church that is effectively reaching its community
– models a lifestyle of evangelism through building relationships with people who are far from God
– has a deep understanding of sound doctrine and its use in life and ministry
– Has the skills and discernment to counsel and guide church members through life challenges using a biblical foundation
– is committed to Christ-centered preaching and teaching, using God’s Word to inspire the local church for mission
– ability to identify, motivate and train individuals and teams
– has excellent communication skills
– adaptable and resilient when confronted with barriers and setbacks
– able to accomplish tasks with limited resources
– is a problem solver
– ability to work well with others in leadership positions
About the Church
Hope Bible Church’s ministry history dates back to the 1910’s in the Hollins area of Roanoke.
The church has declined in attendance over the past ten years from approximately 170 in weekly attendance to an average of 45 weekly worshippers. We hired a NextGen Pastor in Summer 2022 to focus on growing our youth and young adult ministries. Our lead Pastor will assist and mentor this Pastor.
Send an email expressing your interest along with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org